July 11, 2006

Guess Who???

Can you guess who's design sketches these are? It's a new line debuting next Spring and Fall 2007...

Really chic, super sophisticated looking pieces... stuff I would actually rock.. still don't know who this is? Cuz you might not believe it...

It's none other than...

LL! That's right, LL Cool J, James Todd Smith, the one who rocked the bells back in the '80's! Now I don't usually like to give celebrities props when they decide to start a clothing line on a whim just because they can, but I have to give it to him, he seems to be really taking it seriously and not just putting his name on somebody else's hard work. He says he was inspired by his birthplace in Hollis, Queens, his celebrity, the streets, but mostly his wife Simone's classy style. No video girl gear from the "Todd Smith" line. His trendy women's clothing will be available at Neiman Marcus Spring and Fall of 2007. Cool J says that his line will be for the everyday woman, who regardless of her age or size, is independent, creative, successful, and sexy... Now, I promise, I really didn't think he would actually use me as the inspiration for his clothing line, but I guess he did. Right back at ya LL...

Just one more reason that the
Ladies Love Cool James...
until next time ya'll!

2 comments:

  1. I love the first sketch w/ the red jacket. I'm impressed.

    Unrelated: I was reading over your "things you don't know about me" post, and I thought of something. If you ever drink Frappucinos - I knew a woman who would put a cardboard sleeve (the ones on the hot drinks) on her Frap cup. The sleeve would catch the condensation and apparently keep her desk dry at work. Maybe it'll help your 'dry' cold drink obsession! (I used to work at Starbucks.) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously appreciate that bit of info RE: the cardboard sleeve! OMG! I never would have thought of that! And I really don't think I'm obsessive compulsive, but I just don't like my drink wet.. because it wets my hand. And I don't want my hand wet. Period. So thanks again...

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis