July 7, 2006

Style Verdict - Short Shorts

First off, I am kind of digging this trend... I have not tried it out yet, don't even know if my thighs are small enough for it, but I think its a cute look nonetheless... Brandy is working the look...

Kim Porter (Diddy's lady) is quite cute in a pair...

So is Nia... glammed up with heels.. I think the key is for the shorts to not fit tight like a bathing suit... maybe even go up a size..

Now this is the way I would probably wear 'em, the way Kelly Ripa is wearing hers ...

But what do YOU think? Do you love 'em? Hate 'em? Don't care? Would YOU wear 'em? I'd like to know your style verdict.

4 comments:

  1. Sarah M. Broome :-)Sun Jul 09, 10:31:00 PM 2006

    I'm REALLY liking all of the examples shown (Nia's the least)... but I'm going to have to agree with you- I think I'll need to do a few more lunges & squate before I jump on the bandwagon. I love the look (when it's done right), and I'm getting jealous of all the fabulous legs out there! I guess I'm just going to have to step up my game so I can wear those cute shorts too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always hated shorts. I even have a shorts rant. ("No one in tropical/desert countries wears shorts...") However, despite my initial despair - and fear that all these puffy little "formal" shorts looked like diaper pants... these are growing on me too. I just don't have the legs or the height. The maintenance for these (exercise, wax, fake tan, pedicure) is daunting. Final verdict: Really depends on your legs. Otherwise, a chic A-line skirt is more my thing.

    One more thing: These shorts are usually paired with loose, blousy tanks, so if you have no waist and great legs, it's perfect. The whole look just doesn't highlight the best parts of me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. U know what? I actually love 'em. I don't have the legs for it, but if I did, you can believe I would sport that look. If I had the legs, I would buy these in every color and wear 'em everywhere...work, shopping, church, prayer, bible study...... (forgive me...I get a little more liberated with each passing birthday).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with juliamazal - I'd much rather wear a skirt than short shorts, unless I'm gardening, and then who cares how I look?

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis