September 29, 2006

Style Verdict - Cropped Coats

(above) Marni Fall 2006 (above) Ports 1961, Fall 2006
(above) Bruno Pieters Fall 2006
Photo Source: Style.com
Lux jacket, $68, Urban Outfitters stores, 800-282-2200. Isaac Mizrahi for Target top, $18, target.com. Old Navy shorts, $30, oldnavy.com. Zad cuff, $14, zad.com. Delicious shoes, $39, 800-822-8889. Photo Source: Glamour
I really don't do these style verdicts for people to validate the things that I buy, because I truly want to know your thoughts on the trend. That being said, ok, yes, I've already bought one. I wanted it for a cocktail function that I'm attending this weekend. And I thought it was so cuuuuuute! The one I bought is a black wool blend, short-sleeved, with an inverted pleat in back, just perfect for layering. My husband and my friend Holly TOTALLY made fun of it when I showed it to them, they said it looked like something for my 4 year old niece. But WHATEV! I'm a trendsetter baby! And, I'll be a total FASHIONISTA when I wear it with my black pencil skirt, 3 inch black heels and classic red lip. Fierce! But hey, that's just my take. I wanna know what you think about this cropped coat trend. Do you like it? Hate it? Don't care? Would YOU wear it? I wanna know your style verdict.

11 comments:

  1. I love it! This is such a great look over a longsleeve jumper. Definately wearable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so ironic that you posted this. These little cutties have been on my mind all this week. I've sewn one and onto the next. I have about four patterns that I'm doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like the cropped look unless it is fitted...not tight, but conforms nicely to the body. With this being said...my boobs are too big for this look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @linda.
    I KNOW right?!

    @ erica.
    Yay! Are you gonna post them??? I can't wait to see them.

    @ keli.
    Totally understandable. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the cropped coat is cute, but I'm like keli, only fitted not tight..I've seen girls abuse it...but I love everything fitted, it just looks some much more cleaner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chanel, I absolutely love your style! You are certainly leading the way in fashion. I think that it is an expression of attitude and boldness that you have! I thought the "little jacket" was cute at first glance. It wasn't until YOUR HUSBAND said it looked like something Miss Autumn would wear that I cracked up laughing. I can't wait to see it on you this weekend. See you later girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't really like the cropped-coat look too much, but I love the new look of the site! If it's not that "new" forgive me - I've been slacking on my blog running.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Nichelle!

    It's still pretty new...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry Chanel, I am not feeling the crop coats. Maybe it will grow on me like the skinny leg jeans. Shaunda

    ReplyDelete
  10. YGirl, you rocked that jacket Friday night! Ron & Holly don't have a clue.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis