May 3, 2007

Cole Haan + Nike: Fashion Meets Technology

Since we (females) will not be giving up our heels any time soon, it's about time technology like this is starting to make its way to the forefront. Cole Haan has incorporated Nike's Zoom Air System into their shoes! This technology was first used in basketball shoes, and Cole Haan has placed it into the heel and under the front sole of their high heels. The Takoda Air Pump pictured above, is currently unavailable online, but check the Cole Haan stores for more info. These shoes (Takoda Air Pumps) are currently listed for $169.95 on sale. The shoes are made of a soft suede or a patent leather infused with Nike's athletic comfort. Check out other Cole Haan women's heels infused with the Nike technology below:

Tivona Air Sling ($169.95 on sale)
Cyrilla Air Sling ($265)
Blanca Air Sandal ($189.95)
Melinda Air Mary Jane ($295)
Livia Air Sling ($189.95)
Charlize Air Pump ($275)
Dania Air Sling ($189.95)
Carma Air Pump ($179.95)
Carma OT Air Pump ($275)

9 comments:

Sarah B ;-) said...

I saw these on Oprah! Definitely worth considering the investment... and they're cute too!

It's great to see men finally begin to think from a woman's frame of reference. Now if only we can get these men to start working on solutions to PMS, morning sickness and stretch marks! Sorry, I had to go there. ;-)

Anonymous said...

So they are suppose to be a comfortable as tennis shoes or what? What does Nike Zoom Air System do?

I am so freaking lost. I guess it is time to google the shoe and termology.

Anonymous said...

My sister said that women are getting Botox in the balls of their feet to numb them to enable them to wear high heels without pain. Has anyone else heard of this? I was immediately appalled, but then (privately) I thought, hmmm, well I do love my Bettye Muller plaid pumps and I'd love to just walk to work rather than always have to carry my shoes...

Anonymous said...

I have to say that I bought the Charlize shoes a few weeks ago, and they live up to the hype. After a nine hour day at work my feet weren't sore one bit! A bit of rubbing on the top of my foot (since they aren't broken in) but thats it. Not as comfy as a tennis shoe... but the most comfortable heels I've worn.

Erica B. said...

I also saw this episode of Oprah. They are worth the money.

Chanel said...

Wow. Glad to hear that they do indeed live up to the hype! They have a couple cute pairs I was eyeing. And it looks like the prices may be dropping on a couple different styles. I'm gonna keep watching.

Bapes said...

You guys should checkout the shoes that came out from Nike with Ipod applications. Nike and Apple coming together is a perfect combination and if this can motivate a healthier lifestyle than more power to them.

Hid Conversion Kits said...

Cool, I want to get this i just dont want to put forward the expense

Mia Shoes said...

Yes, I've also heard and seen women who are having the Botox foot injections. I heard that the effects only last 3-6 months and you need to have it re-applied. Interesting
Baby Boomer trend.

George

Mia Shoes

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails