September 7, 2007

Flat Sandals (Rule!) At Bryant Park...

Upon my arrival at NYC Fashion Week's Spring 2008 shows (my first!) I was pleasantly surprised to see so many fashionista's, stylemakers, buyers, magazine editors and the like putting comfort first at the tents. And even though I hadn't attended previously, I had done my homework on what to wear, and I have to say that the common theme overall was to WEAR COMFORTABLE SHOES! So even though a high-heel would have really given a couple of my Fashion Week outfits that final, fab, finishing touch, my comfy ballet flats have been on serious heavy rotation since we've been here! And as you can see above, I was not alone. From flat sandals to ballet flats to some even showing up to the tents in sneakers, then changing into their heels... and then back into their sneakers, it just goes to show, it's fashionable to be comfy.

Pic Source: Style.com/Sartorialist

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis