June 1, 2008

Sex and the City Wins The Weekend Box Office..


Sex and the City won it's debut weekend box office making $55.7 million and now Warner Brothers is apparently making plans for a sequel.  "It's the only female movie that's created a frenzy," a top Warner Brothers executive said.  "It's a cultural phenomenon".  According to exit polling, an incredible 85% of the audience for the movie's opening Friday were women, and of those 80% were over the age of 25.  Warner Brothers claims to be seeing repeat business already.  On Saturday, the audience was 75% females, who came back with boyfriends and husbands in tow.  The studio feels the pic is "extremely well positioned" to keep making money, but only time will tell.

I quite enjoyed it myself.  The movie stayed very true to the series, I liked Jennifer Hudson's part in it, and I liked a lot (not all) of the clothes in it.  Cried a lot, laughed a lot.  Now that's all I'm saying, I don't want to start talking about it and give stuff away.  Go see it!  It's easy to follow, even if you weren't a crazed fan of the series.

2 comments:

  1. I like manly men. If a man told me he knew the ins and outs of Sex and the City I would punch him in the face before running in the opposite direction from his candy ass.
    i stl Watch Movie here
    http://www.80millionmoviesfree.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would suggest that "manly men" go see it so that they can see life through women's eyes.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis