October 19, 2008

Addressing the PETA Ad...

A little Hip Candy "housekeeping". Some of my readers have expressed concern over the PETA ad in my left sidebar featuring a scantily clad Pamela Anderson.  I was even taken aback a little when it first surfaced (the ad buy is for the entire month but it changes from week to week).  PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) uses very provocative measures to get their messaging across and this ad is no different. I regret not saying something about it when it first surfaced because of the highly provocative visual, as I do have a few young readers.  But although many of you have already clicked on it (yeah, some of ya'll already know exactly what it is, the click through numbers don't lie...) the ad is not what some might expect.  The ad is all about animal cruelty, nothing more.  Just wanted to take this opportunity to offer some reassurance to my loyal readers.  


No comments:

Post a Comment