March 22, 2012

I'm Hooked (Hooked!) on The Hunger Games.

Honestly, I was never even checking for The Hunger Games, but I kept seeing and reading little things about the book and people were excited about it, and I'm talking about ADULTS here. I know the books are YA (Young Adult, teen) fiction, but the response I was seeing from the grown set is what ultimately piqued my curiosity, and before I knew what happened, I was at the checkout at Barnes & Noble picking up a copy of The Hunger Games for myself. I read it in four days. I couldn't put it down! Suzanne Collins, the author makes you wonder what's going to happen next at every turn. Which is why I now have the second book Catching Fire. I am so into it. Mockingjay (the third book in the series) is up next for me. I think what appeals the book to adults is the fact that Suzanne Collins touches on some real adult themes in this series. Class warfare, the haves oppressing the have nots, reality vs. perception and so much more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment