March 15, 2012

WATCH: The Making of a CHANEL Jacket...


Pattern classes were the classes that I disliked the most back when I was in design school. My first pattern teacher was very, very intense, if you were off one sixteenth of an inch on your pattern, he would notice and deduct you an entire grade letter. Students who took his classes felt like nothing they did would ever be good enough. He expected PERFECTION. That scarred me mentally! Only recently have I been able to shake that feeling and begin to discover the wonders (wonders!) of pattern making all over again and I ironically strive for the same type of "perfection" I was taught in my pattern classes all those years ago. This is why I think the video below is so awesome. The hand detail that goes into a CHANEL jacket is incredible (which also explains their luxury price tag). A great pattern is where it all starts...



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis