February 14, 2014

DIY Style: My Plaid Mini Dress...


Happy Valentine's Day everybody! Even though I'm not one to get all over excited about this holiday, (it's just never really been my thing *shrugs*) but hey, if you like it then I love it (for you ), but that's neither here nor there, I'm here to tell you about the dress I just finished! If you sew, then you know how it feels to see something cute and then be all like, "but I can make that.." well that's how this dress came to be after seeing THIS DRESS.  I used THIS SHIRT PATTERN (I added the length, and some POCKETS!!!) and THE COLLAR from THIS PATTERN to craft this dress. I put an invisible zipper in back. I've had this fabric for a while and always thought I would do a pencil skirt with it, or a cute pair of trouser shorts but I think I'll get more wear out of this little dress. Most likely with a pair of Chucks because that's how I really roll... scroll down for a few more pics of my DIY dress taken on a gorgeous day in New Orleans French Quarter (Pirate's Alley):





 Follow me on Instagram!
"Like" my Sewing Page (Hip Couture) on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis