March 10, 2014

FASHION SEWING: Turning Red Lace Into a Circle Skirt...


I've had this red (lace?) fabric for a while. Because I'm a fabric hoarder, but you already knew that, right? I have unused yards of fabric and fabric scraps in every. corner. of. my. sewing. room. And sometimes it takes a few years before I know exactly what I wanna do with it. Well I settled on doing a type of circle skirt with this red (seriously, is it lace?) fabric, but it's COMPLETELY see through as you can see in the pics above, soooo... I figured I could do one of two things. I could either line it (boooo, HISSSSSS!!) OR I could buy a cute Springtime red petticoat like this one to wear underneath it. Clearly, I chose option number 2. And fingers crossed that it turns out the way I see it in my head! Stay tuned for pics once it's completed and check out the sketch of my skirt rendering below...


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis