July 28, 2014

New Sandals and a Throwback DIY Red Dress...

"I'm gonna need for her to get it together on her outfit posts." -You 
Okaaaayyyy. I realize these outfit posts need to be more of a regular thing if I want Hip Candy to be an "au courant" personal style blog. I get it, I do. There's just so much *new* that I want to do with this blog, new directions that I wanna take it that sometimes it's hard to know where to start (I'll get there, no worries) But anyhoo, I went digging waaaayyy back into my archives recently for this dress...
I made this dress over 5 years ago (the pattern I used HERE) I've never taken pictures in it and really, the only time you would have seen it is if you follow me on Youtube and saw it in one of my videos there. But I had a good reason to pull this dress out because I got new sandals and I thought the dress would go perfect with them! Below are my new cognac studded gladiator sandals that I got for less than the price of a large pizza...
I think golds and nudes are always nice compliments to red don't you think?
I took these pictures in New Orleans City Park because it's always beautiful there and I love it. What I didn't love was the moist Southern heat. It was sooooo HOT when I took these pics. Not even this breezy dress and the shaded trees could keep me cool. And I don't know about you, but this type of heat makes me ready for way cooler sweater weather... and sooner rather than later. 
Dress, DIYSandals | Sunglasses, forgot, sorry) | Lip, Revlon's Really Red | Purse, Thrifted 

1 comment:

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails