September 22, 2014

We'll Be Rocking Gingham in Spring Summer 2015...

Pic via Melissa Odabash
Did you guys notice how prevalent, how frequent, how predominant (Somebody's been Googling synonyms, lol - You. Yeah, so? - Me) gingham was on the Spring/Summer 2015 NYFW runways? I for one, couldn't get enough of it! So many designers showed off fabulous silhouettes in this checked fabric. Which got me thinking. Thinking about reworking some gingham that I already had. I am loving full skirts right now, I think I may have mentioned that once or twice. Anyhoo, I thought my DIY gingham dress would be the perfect project to chop up and remake an on trend Spring/Summer gingham look, a full skirt perhaps? Well guess what? It's already in the works! I started working on it a few weeks ago, all I have left to do is to finish serging my waistband and put in the zipper. I could have finished it a while ago, but I really take my time when I sew... I think that sounds better than "I've been procrastinating on my sewing" but anyway, I promise to show you what it looks like when I'm done! Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment