May 12, 2015

SEWING: My Fleece Dress using Your Fleece Fabric...

Sewing My Striped Fleece Dress
My DIY Striped Fleece Dress using Your Fleece Fabric
How do y'all like my striped fleece dress using Your Fleece fabric? This is the actual fabric that I used. I made the dress for the Your Fleece Fashion Contest that someone else won (congrats to the winner!but I'm still really, really pleased with how my dress came out! It's a simple, but fun fit and flare silhouette and I enjoyed the process of bringing this dress to life. I used an old raglan tee that was just hanging out in my t-shirt drawer to create the dress bodice pattern by laying the t-shirt flat on top of brown paper and tracing it with a tracing wheel. Then I just straightened my lines and added the seam allowance. The skirt is a classic swing skirt pattern and I just matched the bodice and skirt waistline widths exactly, pinned it together then sewed it all up. Raglan patterns are really easy because you kinda just sew together the entire front, then sew together the entire back then just connect the front and back of the dress at the side seams from the sleeves to the hem. And that's my quick, words only how to sew a dress tutorial, lol. The fleece feels warm and cozy on and it would be perfect to wear on a brisk, chilly day! 

Sewing my striped fleece dress
Sewing my striped fleece dress
Sewing my striped fleece dress


  1. You are a beast with the sewing skills! How clever to make your own pattern. This fleece dress will be great in the Fall, winter as well. I love the preppy Navy and Kelly Green combo too. How is the growing out process for your hair going so far?

    1. Thank you Shon! Making your own patterns is easy and more fulfilling once you really get into it and take your time to practice at it. I've gotten pretty good at taking the time to get it right. And my hair grow out is going well too! I don't wear it out as much as I did when I did my first big chop though, I've been doing more protective styles and I'll probably do those until my hair gets to a length that I'm cool with. But thanks for asking :)