June 23, 2016

Sew Creative: My Summer DIY Cut Out Dress...

red and white dress fashion sewing diystyle
My red and white cut out dress
Half of 2016 is already gone (the 4th of July is just around the corner!) and I have sewn a grand total of 3 things so far this year. THREE. These red shorts, this inspired dress, and now this Summertime cut out dress that I was able to make with leftover fabric I still had from when I made this Summer maxi. When fabric is on sale, I'll usually buy yards and yards of it. This dress is super comfy! Comfy like a night gown which makes me love it even more. And of course, there are pockets. I used McCall's 3955 to make the bodice with some changes to include the cut out in back, the rest of the dress was self drafted. In my original design (see below) I had cut outs in the front and the back but I decided against that as well as the shirttail hem. This dress would be perfect for weekend brunch, summer weddings, picnics in the park, vacation outings and more, I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. Check out a few more pics below. Photography by Ron Ward.

red and white dress fashion sewing diystyle
"C' is for Chanel :)
Summer Flowers in New Orleans City Park
New Orleans City Park Flowers
red and white dress fashion sewing diystyle
The cut out back :) 
New Orleans Lakefront Lake Pontchartrain
New Orleans Lake Pontchartrain
red and white dress fashion sewing diystyle
Enjoying the Lakefront view... in my DIY cut out dress

A photo posted by Chanel Ward (@nbr5) on

1 comment:

  1. love this summer diy dress, so amazing and stunning, great shoots

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis