February 1, 2017

My DIY One-Piece Scuba Swimsuit...

black neoprene swimsuit fashion sewing diystyle

It's swimsuit season! Just kidding, it's the middle of winter, but I did finish my 2nd swimsuit before we took a quick warm weather escape to Mexico in chilly January (see my 1st swimsuit HERE) and I'm pretty pleased with it. This one is made with black neoprene or scuba material and this fabric sews beautifully. It really is a user friendly fabric, it's the perfect combination of structure and stretch. Do you remember my black "swim cover" in the far left pic? You've seen it before because I made that too! Check it out HERE if you don't remember. I made my swimsuit block from a dance leotard I've had for ages and it's served me pretty well with the 2 suits I've made so far. Just wanted you to see the fit since you've been following along as I took it from test pattern (on the Mr's golf shirt) to completion enough to wear on a cruise ship to Mexico. Stay tuned for a few more pics of my 1st swimsuit soon as well as more vacay pics! We LOVED taking advantage of the cruise ship and the beautiful Mexican beach backdrop. And it was truly gorgeous in Mexico with picture perfect weather. We're ready to go again. All photography by Ron Ward. 

Want to shop similar looks to my DIY swimsuit? Click HERE.
black neoprene swimsuit fashion sewing diystyle

Don't forget to like my sewing page on Facebook! 
water vacation sunset
Sunset from the boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis